Golfing legend Arnold Palmer once said, “The most rewarding things you do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Golf leaves me mystified, but as far as playing music goes, I see where Arnie was coming from. While I would presume that most reading this post like to listen to music, or enjoy the thought of making some of their own someday, not everyone has the time — or perhaps, like golf, the patience — to get to the fun part, where it’s fun to try to do the impossible. (I certainly encourage you to try; I know a lot more mediocre guitar players than respectable golfers.)
This app lets you build music with a simplified “arranger” interface that makes it easy to build chord progressions, melodies, and accompaniments with no prior musical knowledge. It’s worth noting that if you’re eager to get off the bunny slopes (apparently today’s theme is metaphors to sports I can’t do), the initial release of this app doesn’t allow tempo adjustment for the drum track, and only offers the keys of C major and A minor — though the publisher claims these features will be added in the future. If don’t have a clue what either of those things mean, you’re probably the person this app was intended for in the first place.
Componendo (music pocket arranger)
- Would you like to create your very own songs and play live your favourite hits without even knowing how to read music or without having a musical instrument?
- Well, if you would we have just what you need. Using our app and your iPad or iPhone you can make music with just a few simple touches.
- It’s called Componendo, a music app in "Arranger" style for those who want to have fun playing in real time and recording their own songs in even without knowing anything about music but still want to produce a professional sound.
- This is all thanks to an easy to use and complete structure which gives you:
-Two solo instruments to play melodies (piano and sax);
-Keyboard and bass for the accompaniment;
-25 Drum loops for the rhythm
- The accompaniment chords are laid out on a grid which follows the western world musical system criteria: pressing these buttons you can make up simple or complex so called turnarounds useful to create a backtrack.
- Componendo is not a sequencer. To make music it is not necessary to record track by track or have technical and musical skills; with this software everything is ready, by pressing a few buttons you can create a full musical accompaniment.
- Recording a series of chords is really easy: when you press the REC button, whatever you do on the display will be recorded, saved and can be retrieved at any time on your device.
- In more, Componendo is also interactive which means that It will recommend the most suitable chords to use while you are making up your own turnarounds.
- Since Componendo is designed to play live, it is completely different from other programs such as GarageBand. Instead it can be used along with such other programs and be a creative companion.
- Another important aspect of Componendo is its modular structure. It will be possible to expand your "instrumental set" with new sounds thanks to our “add-on Pack" that you will shortly be able to buy from "in-app Purchase".
- To hear the new sounds and new rhythms we urge you to buy the compilation entitled "iPad cafe" from the iTunes store.
- To make this compilation, we used the full instrumental set of Componendo which will be made available as soon as possible. However, you can find a demo of the compilation on our site.
- Finally, Componendo really is for everyone. Depending on your musical knowledge you can simply have fun or make your very own music.
- PLEASE NOTE: In this first version of Componendo only C major and A minor keys will be available and the drums rhythm speed for the moment cannot be modified. The can be added on in the future versions.
MOVIE: Watch the video promo in your language on www.componendo.net/promovideo
MP3 MUSIC: Listen to the music demos on www.componendo.net/mp3demo
iTUNES: Buy the “iPad cafè" music album made with the whole set of instruments which will be available on-line shortly.
INFO AND TUTORIAL: You will be able to read or see the tutorial in your language. It explains and expands Componendo’s concepts according to the laws of music.